Friday, October 11, 2013

An Introduction and the purpose for this blog site.


I wish to thank you for taking the time to visit this blog site.  In a decade of serving the Citizens of Pacific Washington, I developed a unique combination of experience and education that provides me with the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities to excel in the Emergency Management / Homeland Security field.  I have a strong passion for this field and am excited at the opportunities that I know will be available.

I have established this blog site to provide you some insight into my qualifications, passions and writings.  Also included on this site are papers and other projects written for classes taken at American Military University.  I have included these papers to better demonstrate my passion and my ability to analyze issues.  As always, if you have any questions or comments, please contact me at Richhildreth@aol.com or by phone at 253-347-8514.

Respectfully,

Richard G Hildreth

7896 Sedgwick Road SE

Port Orchard, WA 98366

 

 

The following is a brief summary of my qualification for this position.

·         8 years leadership and management experience as Mayor of the City of Pacific, Washington.

o   Responsible for administration of all laws and functions of a municipal corporation as well as daily operations. 

o   Developed Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan and integrated plan with regional neighbors to ensure compatibility. 

o   Maintained regional approach working with Washington State, King and Pierce Counties, City of Auburn and Muckleshoot Tribal Nation as well as community organizations 

o   Appointed by Governor to the Washington State Emergency Management Council

 

·         2 years leadership experience as a Council Member of the City of Pacific Washington.

o   Responsible for creation, analysis and adoption of legislative motions, resolutions and ordinances.

·         6 years leadership as Governance Board member, Valley Regional Fire Authority: 

o   Founding member of VRFA Governance Board. 

o   Lobbied State Legislature to allow creation of first RFA in State of Washington. 

o   As part of an intergovernmental team, I helped establish initial governance structure, created administrative and command structure of department and assisted in development of strategic operations plan. 

 

·         I currently work as a volunteer for Kitsap County Department of Emergency Management assisting in public education, public outreach and CERT training.

 

·         I am a graduate of the Executive Leaders Program at the Center for Homeland Defense and Security (CHDS.us) located at the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey California.

 

·         I hold credentials from DHS/FEMA’s Emergency Management Institute (EMI) and /or Center for Domestic Preparedness (CDP) as a Master Exercise Practioner, ICS instructor, and Development and Delivery of Training Programs.

 

·         I currently hold a 3.89 GPA after 23 courses, hold a position on the Dean’s list and memberships in both the National Society of Collegiate Scholars and Golden Key.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment